Verification of Education

Verification of education can be a do it yourself task but it often pays to have a professional service do it for you.

The DIY of Degree Confirmation

As with any time you are asking for the private information of an individual other than yourself, you need a release. Once you have it, the next step is to contact the university, college or trade school. Ask for the office of records. Some colleges have outsourced this task and will forward you onto their verification service. In some cases there is a small processing fee and in others they will have you fill out their request form and send a signed release from the candidate.

My point here is that you are going to take a lot of time and effort to do it yourself. It can be done but it is cheaper and easier to find a professional service to do it for you. Most background checking companies will do this for you.

Foreign Degrees

There is a special case where sometimes foreign degrees need not only confirmation but also translation. There are companies that will do a foreign degree credential evaluation for you. This is a process where they use foreign transcripts to compare a degree from a foreign country to a similar degree from a US educational institution. I would highly recommend using such a service.

Return from Verification of Education to PreEmployment Screening
Return to Staffing and Recruiting Home Page

free hit counters

Share this page:
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.