W2 Early filling

by Maurice Boone
(Rochester, New York)

Can you provide me with the Federal Identification number so that I can acquire my w2 form early..


First, this is a little bit out of my expertise so take this info as my best understanding.

Your employer does not legally have to give you as W-2 until January 31st. So unless they give you a physical copy early you don't have a way to get it early.

I did a bit of research and it looks like there may be a program where you can get your w-2 info early if your employer participates. I haven't found too much just hints at sites like H&R Block.

So my suggestion is to call your tax preparer or visit a website for someone like H&R block to see if there are tools to find out if your employer participates in the program. Otherwise you'll have to wait like most of the rest of us.

Please let me know if you find out something different.

Also, if there is someone out there that has other better information about early W-2's please stop by and leave a note.

Thanks in advance.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Recruiting Questions.

Share this page:
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.